Saturday, May 28, 2011

Roland-Garros French Open

Hello Lovely Readers!,

Roland Garros Paris
Today I want to write something I am very passionate about...TENNIS! I love to play tennis, I love to watch Tennis, I love tennis fashion, and the players and the history and out of the Four Grand Slams my favorite is the French Open also known as Roland-Garros! It was one of the first tennis matches I ever watched and truly enjoyed, I still remember watching on NBC Juan Carlos Ferrero vs. Martin Verkerk I even remember the first Wimbledon match I ever watched which was in 2003 with Roger Federer winning his first Grand Slam title! I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to watch from the beginning his journey to number one. In the beginning I was only a fan of the ATP tour, I was never interested in watching the WTA I didn't start paying attention until I watched Venus Williams win at Wimbledon in 2005 and then I really payed attention when Maria Sharapova a young girl my age won her second Grand Slam title at The US Open. As a tennis player I became more interested in watching the WTA to study and learn the techniques of the players, I can't tell you how much of my talent for tennis came from simply watching the games and mimicking them on the tennis courts.Currently my favorite WTA player is Caroline Wozniacki; she became my favorite athlete after she made it to the US Open finals in 2009 and wore the infamous Stella McCartney for Adidas dress that I love and so many dislike..
Caroline Wozniacki in Stella McCartney for Adidas
My other current favorite player of the WTA is Maria Sharapova who is making a marvelous comeback since her shoulder surgery, and Kim Clijsters who is playing magnificently on hard courts. My favorite ATP players are Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Juan Carlos Ferrero and Andy Murray (David Ferrer is starting to grow on me..), and Mardy Fish.
 
Roger Feder (Arguably the greatest Tennis player of all time)

This French open will creeping on week two this Sunday, and I hope that it will come down to my favorite ATP players with the exception of Juan Carlos Ferrero and Mardy Fish who are out of the tournament and Hopefully Maria Sharapova will win the French Open the only Grand Slam title eluding her.

Thanks you again for Reading!

Love Always,
My Fair Lady


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers